Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Letter From An Old Friend

It's back to school for me this week, so I'm extremely busy, but I'm still going to try to post for you all.

I got this email this morning from one of my really good friends in high school who I hadn't heard from in forever. She moved, I moved. It was one of those things. We didn't keep up. But her letter was so, well, just so, that I had to share it with you all.

"yeah, i will never. ever. forget your family. your monkey. your crazy aunt that left her vibrator in the couch cushions for us to find. your mom and dad that kept picture frames with the photos that came from the store inside them still. shooting poppers across the white tile floors, leaving track marks that i doubt we cleaned up. "

The things people remember me for...

It's further proof that I just don't make this shit up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for my ignorance...could you explain what "shooting poppers" means?? I'm very lame.

bssc23public said...

Old friends are the best friends, mostly because they have kept your secrets for so long.

Subservient No More said...

Yes! Poppers are also called Bang Snaps. They're little tiny firecrackers that you throw at the ground and then they go "SNAP!" They look like little wadded up bits of paper.

Sauntering Soul said...

Yeah uhm, I've never received a letter from a friend saying anything like that. I think I've missed out!

Anonymous said...

there is NO way you could make this stuff up. You are quite the Journalist.

MsCatCalls said...

Thanks for your comment about the monkey on my blog ! x

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget