Wednesday, August 08, 2007

How Did I Forget Mango Season?

Yesterday I forgot to mention that it was also Mango Season, although that is coming to and end. I took this picture a few weeks ago of some mangos in the neighborhood, one of which was attacked by a squirrel who was hanging upside down and just going to town on the fruit, skin and all. Look how much he ate! You can even see his little, squirrely teeth marks. His entire body was covered in sticky, gooey mango juice and his coat was a disaster. The original picture was meant to be of the squirrel, but he wanted nothing to do with the camera and scampered away saying "You will not post pictures of me all over the Internet with my coat a mess like this. I will not have it. Go away." So all I got was a shot of the fruit.

So, you all may have noticed that I've been trying to post more of my own photographs lately. I thought you might like to see where I live and see some of the same things I see every day. I like blogs with pictures, so I thought you might too. Do you? Should I keep taking them?

One thing you will not get is a picture of me. One of my biggest pet peeves is those blogs where girls who think they are prettier than they actually are post all sorts of pictures of themselves doing things they think are cute all over their blogs so then a bunch of total strangers can blow smoke up their asses and tell them how hot they are. I also hate the - look at these artsy pictures I took because my life is so incredibly much more glamorous than yours - kinda blogs. You know who I'm talking about. There are a few of them.

Plus, most of the people who have met me in real life all express some sort of shock over how I look in real life anyway. So you project whatever image you want on my writing and picture me looking however you need me to look and don't worry about it. One day when I get famous you can all see me then and bullshit me about how hot I am and how incredibly glamorous my life is. Ok?

In the meantime, do you still want me to take random pictures as I roam about?

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure pictures are good... I like them!

Anonymous said...

Yes, keep up with the photos, and more crazy family stories! What else am I supposed to do at work by read random blogs... ;)

Anonymous said...

Yes! Please show us the world through
your eyes.

from a dedicated reader

Mia said...

Hey, didn't you post a photo of yourself (sans head) illustrating a skirt, or possibly a dress, back in the days when most of your posts were about the crazy residents of Wide Lawns?

Anonymous said...

Please keep taking photographs!

Subservient No More said...

Yeah, but it was more for the dress than for the me. So you could see how the dress looks. I also posted a photo of me in costume, but no one knew it was me.

bssc23public said...

Post more pictures of Miami. I am sure that it is a very intersting town. And add on any squirrel pictures if appropriate.

Green said...

Wait, so does this mean i can't look forward to a shot of you, arms around another blogger, the two of you grinning into the camera, complete with a link to that blogger's blog where she'll have the exact same photo and a link back to your blog? Damn.

Maybe if we're lucky we'll get a picture of your closet or fridge. Yeah keep clicking and uploading.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, keep the photos coming!

AFC 30K said...

No more photos please....




..........Only joking, keep 'em coming!

Mim said...

Random pictures are awesome!

Now I'm all self conscious about my profile picture on my blog...though to be honest it wasn't to get attention, I just like the picture...and my dog is super cute.

vic said...

There was also a picture of you in your 4th of July t-shirt.
Please continue taking and posting pictures. I enjoy them.
Miss Kitty got you a Kitty! Does this mean a road trip to Georgia?

Subservient No More said...

Oh you're right. I totally forgot about the ugly 4th of July shirt. I didn't wear it this year!

MP said...

I think you can do whatever the heck you want..it's your blog! :-)

I LOVE the stories about your family and when the pictures help illustrate the story it's even better. If you don't want us to see faces you can fuzzy or black them out!

Personally I want the exterior picture of the strip joint you used to work at.

Anonymous said...

yes!

Subservient No More said...

The strip club? Really? I guess I could try to get one of it, but it's been through about 15 different owners since I worked there and they keep redoing it, so it doesn't look exactly the same now.

So, ok. I will continue to take pictures. I kind of enjoy it myself.

Bu-ut...I know it's my blog in that I write it, but I view myself as a sort of entertainer who has a responsibility to a wide readership, and I like to provide you all with content that you enjoy.

I kinda figured you'd enjoy pictures because I love blogs with pictures as long as they aren't what Green describes.

kerheb said...

Yes, please. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I'd rather have the thousand words.

Pumpkin said...

Hell yes!!! Keep the pictures coming! It's really cool to be able to see what other people get to see every day.......I did like the sea turtle nest pics and the post, incredibly cool to have that kind of amazing thing going on where you live.
x

Kandace said...

I love the pictures!

Wait, there are blogs with people posting pictures of themselves trying to get compliments? Ha!

Yes, I agree with Green just say no to bloggy photos with bloggy friends and blogging about playdates and such with said bloggy friends, promise?

Bri said...

Yes to the random pictures, please.

Charlotte said...

I'm enjoying the pictures! I like seeing pictures of places I've never been, it's like going on a little adventure. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes! Your pictures add to your blog.

I'm still loving your writing, too.

Me

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing a photo of you as a young girl. You are very exotic looking, it's true. I don't blame the gas station guy for wanting to interact with you..... that's why he didn't fix the credit card machine!

Am I the only one to figure that one out?

:)

6th Floor blog said...

I love pictures, especially homemade pictures. :-)

Metaphysicallyfit said...

Yes!! Keep taking pictures! I have normal, every day pictures in my blog, too. I have to, cause I suck at writing...will you come look at them?

Heather said...

i like the pictures, they are kind of arty, without being pretentious. i'm a terrible photographer, so i enjoy those who take good shots.

a wise reader once said said...

"I also hate the - look at these artsy pictures I took because my life is so incredibly much more glamorous than yours - kinda blogs. You know who I'm talking about. There are a few of them."

please have a look at the blogs you link before making comments against them

Subservient No More said...

What kind of an idiot would make a comment against the blogs she links?

None of the people I link too are guilty.

a wise reader once said said...

1.link "to" not "too"

2. "My Friend Hollye's Beautiful Photography" is "artsy pictures I took because my life is so incredibly much more glamorous than yours"

eat it, and learn how to spell

misha said...

those are the most lovely shade of purple. i had 2 mango trees growing up and dont ever recall seeing that shade on a mango. Take a many pictures as possible!! I need to start carrying my camera like my house keys b/c i see such great shots on dog walks.

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget