Friday, July 13, 2007

Visual Aid - A Mosaic Heart

I thought you should see one of the mosaic hearts I made. I kept this one because it didn't sell, so it definitely isn't one of my favorites, but I still like it anyway. I have it hanging in my hallway. This heart is all lavender and rose. Sometimes the colors don't show up as true in a photo as they do in real life. In the story below, I didn't mention that I started making my own tiles to break on purpose. I painted designs and pictures and words on them that I wanted to show up in the final piece. This one has words from candy hearts and it is about the size of my two hands together (there's no scale in the photograph). You know, I miss making these. I am starting to feel a serious creative spurt coming on. Who knows what could happen...

6 comments:

EmmaK said...

That is really beautiful. I sometimes think of making art with broken ceramics but at the moment am just doing portraits of people with pastels ....nothing too ambitious...because I am just getting back into the artistic creative flow after a break of a few years.

booda baby said...

There is NOTHING better or sweeter than a burst of creative!!

Leonesse said...

Before we moved I wanted to take out the tile entryway and replace it with a mosaic. Of course, like many things, I never got around to it and now have NO time. sigh....

MP said...

That is really a talent.
FYI from your post on my blog: No vomiting..only the boils. The Weasly boys weren't shown at their absolute finest.

Subservient No More said...

Oh Thanks MP! I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan and Im going to see it today. I can't wait. The Weasly's dropping out of school and opening a magic shop was my favorite part of that book.

Courtney said...

I'll buy one, especially since I know the beautiful story behind how you came to make them.

SW, yours is my favorite blog (don't tell my best friend I said that). With every new post, I'm SO glad you didn't quit writing for us (and yourself!) here.

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget