Monday, July 02, 2007

A Little Bit Busy

Unfortunately, I am a little bit busy, which is a good thing.

Lately my stories are taking me longer to write because I am making them better and not just ranting and raving in the span of ten minutes full of typos and bad grammar. I wanted to thank you all for sticking with me and in the meantime, I'd like to offer some reading suggestions. I have for you one exquisitely written article and a few blogs with which I've recently become enamored.

Here is the article, which actually reads like a story and is written by author Tom Wolfe. Trust me, you'll LOVE this article. The only thing Mr. Wolfe forgets to mention is that all the people he writes about also have homes in Florida.

Next, I am completely in love with Crazy Aunt Purl, who is wildly popular and gets hundreds of comments and has a big ass book deal. Somehow I had never heard of her until one of you emailed me and said you knew I'd like her, and guess what? I do! So thank you. You know you all can email me whenever you like especially if it involves food, reading material or pictures of cats. Also, if you have some sort of major life issue I can ask my mom her advice for you, but I wouldn't recommend taking it.

I recently discovered Mommy Has a Headache and she has been cracking me up. Oh my lord. You have to read her Posh Spice post. I was peeing in my pants.

Through her I found Woman of Experience. You just gotta read her.

So now I'm going to do schoolwork, because against the advice of several wise individuals who said I was insane for taking a summer class, I went and took a summer class anyway. You know who the one person was who said take the class? My mom. Mmm Hmmm. See, I said you shouldn't take her advice, except I almost always do. Also, in the class is my friend who last week brought me a bag of homemade cookies. To class. How could I turn down a class with a friend who brings homemade cookies and where I think before the end of class I may get to witness a genuine fistfight between a feminist and an apparent conservative republican?

So that's it for now. I shall have a new story for you very soon.

7 comments:

MP said...

Can't wait for the next installment of the story. Thanks for the links for new blogs to check out!
Have a happy 4th of July.
Here is my contribution regarding an easy fast thing to bring when they say, "bring a dish"
Bag of prewashed spinach.
Put in throw away metal container, slice strawberries, a can of manderine oranges (in water or light syrup) and bag of walnuts or pecans. Top w/ low fat poppyseed dressing.
YUM!

Ms Robinson said...

Hello,

I just want to say thank you for mentioning me in your blog: I write hoping that my experiences over the past twenty years can help both women and men take a (humorous) look at their relationships.

Anyway,it is very charming and sweet of you; funnily enough both Mommy Has a headache and I have discovered we have much in common.

Keep up the story writing.

mish said...

it cant be soon enough ;)

elise said...

Oh, I LOOOVE Tom Wolfe. He is so weird and wonderful. Thanks for the link!

Leonesse said...

Can you film said altercation and put it up on YouTube? I would really like to see that!

Charlotte said...

When that fist fight goes down I want to hear about it...especially because I have a friend who is Republican and a feminist.

EmmaK said...

Thanks so much for recommending my blog. I also really appreciate that you are taking the time to correct your grammar and typos. I think people should make an effort like that, even if it is just on a blog. I will link you back!

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget