Wednesday, May 30, 2007

And Now An Update on My Life

Ok, so you don't get anything for two weeks and now two posts at once!

You guys know I have a lot going on in my life right now that is preventing me from writing as much as I'd like. My grandfather had a bad weekend, but he pulled through so far. Keep praying. Lung cancer in an old man is really scary. My parents dog needed to be put to sleep yesterday after it suffered all weekend, so we were all very sad. He was such a good boy. On top of that, I had a bladder/kidney infection that was just awful.

Several antibiotics later, I am so pleased to be free of burning pain that I want to run up to total strangers and yell out to them in painless bliss "I CAN PEE!!! I tell you! I can pee again!!!!" I didn't really do that though. Ok, I did it once, but it was to someone I know.

I will be going out of town this weekend for the wedding of one of my most beloved friends, so I will not be around to write until I get back next week. I can't tell you how badly I needed time away. I plan to eat like an idiot and have a really good time celebrating. I have a lot to celebrate in spite of everything else that kind of sucks.

The good news is that Husband is kicking ass and taking names once again. I think he's all better, but he still can't carry in the heavy grocery bags yet. Not surprisingly, his Dairy Queen obsession persists and in what can only be described as some sort of Secret-like manifestation of his desires, a Dairy Queen coupon arrived in the mail today entitling him to a free Blizzard.

Now the good news for you all is that..........drumroll please....

I start a new job next week and boy are you going to LOVE this one.

19 comments:

Courtney said...

A new job?!?!?! How exciting! Can't wait to hear all about it. : D

SJ said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather, he will be in my thoughts. Losing a pet can be awful as well, I worked for a vet office for 5 years and it never got easier seeing people lose their pets. I'm glad you and husband are feeling better, everyone deserves a break sometime. Anyway, have fun going out of town and have a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear about your new job!

Jeni said...

I am SO looking forward to your new job.

Do you have a comment on the Joey Buttafuco/Amy Fisher thing?

Green said...

Congrats on being able to pee again! Mazel tov on your new job! Yay for Husband getting better!

Hang-in-there vibes to your grandpa, and my condolences about your doggie.

bssc23public said...

Welcome back, it is good to hear from you again.

Miss Souris said...

I'm sorry for your grandfather, I hope he'll be OK.

I can't wait to know about your new job!

JDogg said...

Glad you are feeling better and you have filled us in on your goings on.

Congrats on a new job!

Faithful Reader Guy said...

I lost my father to a long running lung cancer battle so I understand.

Enjoy the wedding and, yes, I am so eager to find out about the new job and the 9th grade kiss.

Congrats to husband on his continuing recovery.

Anonymous said...

Glad you and the husband are better. Sorry about the dog.

Now go celebrate and get back and write me some more "blog-crack" so I can satisfy my addiction to your stories.

booda baby said...

Happy New Job and Better Husband! I'd say I wish they had a greeting card for such combo-occasions, but I never buy them anyway - just make my own - so ... consider this a virtual one of mine. (?) (I don't know. It's early.)

Anonymous said...

I've been reading for awhile and never commented, I absolutely love your writing. Your stories about growing up are hysterical!

Congrats on the new job and that your husband is feeling better.

And I lost my grandmother to lung cancer and I know how hard it is. Best wishes for your grandfather and your family.

nandy said...

New job, eh? This should be very interesting.

We await further details...

BTW, glad to hear that everything is looking better on the health front.

amy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather and your mother's dog.

Congrats on the new job! Can't wait to hear about it!

By the way, will we get a story of your last day at Wide Lawns? I have a feeling there is a story there...

A Margarita said...

Ooo, glad he's doing better.

The suspense is going to kill me. What's the new job?

Steve said...

Ooh, how exciting. That's quite a cliffhanger you've thrown out there. It's like an episode of Lost or something...

Steve
Liquor Store Stories

Mrs. Sara said...

Is your new job bottle-feeding baby goats?

That would be AWESOME!

Leonesse said...

Oh dear, SNM, you and I were quite alike in the goody-goody front. I, too, was experiencing sluttiness-by-proxy growing up, then was told I needed Bitch Lessons as an adult, some 8 years ago. I think the bitch lessons took, and the sluttiness-by-proxy.... well, my hubby seems to be a happy man.

Soliloquys@diaryland.com said...

I just found your blog through one that belongs to a friend, and I am very glad he is a widely read bloke. I am from a very Wide Lawned/Narrow Minded, very small town just west of Ocean City, Md. I too used the boardwalk as a psychological escape and the pier as a make-out hide-out (with much more success apparently). I too had a couple of friends who I idolized for their testosterone attracting abilities. I shamelessly used those girls in an effort to feed off their scraps. That is until I turned 17. If one waits long enough, the parts sometimes align into awesomeness (and the braces and acne vanish). I would love to trade O.C.-isms! And congrats on 1) the new job, 2) the hubby's rise to better health, 3) the grandfather's tenaciouness, 4) peeing freely! So sorry to hear about dog, being married to vet I hear the whys and wherefors of pet ailments in the extreme. Take care!

mrbunsrocks said...

SNM - congratulations on the new job!!!!!!!!! That is freaking fabulous. :)

I'm sorry you're going through some tough things right now; you're in my thoughts and I hope all is well.

Amazon Search Box

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers

There was an error in this gadget